As the holiday season approaches, you’re no doubt getting ready to welcome guests into your home. You’ve tackled the cleaning and decorating, but have you considered adjusting your IAQ levels? Indoor air quality (IAQ) problems are caused by a wide variety of pollutants found in many American homes and it is essential to have them corrected before guests arrive for holiday celebrations.
Holiday IAQ Checklist
The quality of the air that inside your home impacts your family’s health and comfort. With the windows closed, IAQ concerns become especially pressing, especially for families who live along with humid coastlines like Hilton Head Island and Bluffton areas. Taking advantage of professional indoor air quality services is a great way to make your home more comfortable and safe. As your local IAQ experts, Gray’s Heating & Air Conditioning is proud to provide:
- Comprehensive IAQ testing.
- Help understanding IAQ concerns in your home.
- A wide variety of IAQ improvement solutions.
- Regular service, maintenance and repair for IAQ improvement systems.
How Can IAQ Testing Help?
No one wants to invite guests over for the holidays only to find that they simply can’t stop coughing or sneezing. One of the easiest ways to combat these problems is to tackle indoor pollutants. After all, indoor allergens can be major triggers for those who suffer from asthma and other respiratory problems. Ensuring that your guests are comfortable this holiday season means eliminating such pollutants so that they can breathe easy. We recommend having air quality testing conducted if you have noticed:
- An increase in respiratory problems among family members who suffer from asthma, allergies and COPD.
- Musty or moldy odors in your home.
- That some areas of your home are always warmer or cooler than others.
- That odors tend to linger in your home for a long time.
- That you can smell outdoor pollutants such as cigarette smoke and car exhaust in your home.
- That the air inside your home seems stale.
Your Best Bets for Winter IAQ Improvement
If a technician finds that your home suffers from poor IAQ after conducting testing, you shouldn’t despair. There are plenty of options to improve IAQ so that all of your guests can breathe easy and be impressed by clean, fresh air in your home this holiday season. We offer many IAQ improvement solutions including:
- Air purifiers and cleaners.
- Air humidifiers and dehumidifiers.
- Ventilators and ventilation systems.
- Help identifying and removing pollutant sources from your home.
Choosing the right IAQ improvement system for your home helps to ensure that all of your guests will breathe easy while visiting this holiday season. Of course, choosing regular HVAC maintenance is also a great way to ensure that your IAQ and comfort systems are ready for guests. Call the friendly, professional team at Gray’s Heating & Air Conditioning today to find out how we can help you boost IAQ in your home.